Extract a data backup on a Mac
Due to the in-built zip software on OSX not supporting full 256bit encryption protocols we have decided to suggest the use of iZip so that your client information can be subjected to the highest level of encryption and security available.
The following guide covers how to use this third-party software to extract your coreplus data backup successfully.
- Please note, the option to export your data will not be available unless you have subscribed to coreplus.
- The backing up of data can only be done by a supervisor.
- For Mac users, a recommended file extraction software is iZip.
Step 1 - Select 'Settings'
Step 2 - Select 'Data Backup'
Step 3 - Click 'Run New Backup'
- You will now be presented with a screen like the one above. This screen details all previous backups, and their basic information.
- To create a new backup click 'Run New Backup'
Step 4 - Select the data you wish to backup. then click 'Save Backup'
- Once 'Run New Backup' has been selected, the above screen will be presented.
- Simply enter the mobile number you would like the password to be sent to
- Select which data you would like to backup.
Step 5 - Retrieving your Data Backup
Accessing the backup can be done by repeating steps one and two (Setup > Settings > Data Backup).
Your data backup is typically done within 24 hours. However, you will know when it is complete when you receive an SMS (An SMS will be sent out between 11am and 12pm AEST). When you get an SMS from coreplus with your password, you will know your backup is completed.
Once you have accessed your backup, users typically save it to their local computer and delete it from their coreplus account. This is done to preserve space on your coreplus account.
It is suggested to use a utility such as iZip to access your backup. iZip can be downloaded from here. Further instructions on how to use iZip to open up your backup, can be found below.
Step 6 - Opening your Data Backup - Using iZip to open up and access your data backup
- Download iZip: Download the program from http://www.izip.com/ and select the 'DOWNLOAD FREE' button. - Alternatively, iZip is available via the App Store on newer devices.
- Install iZip: Click on the izip.dng file from the Downloads folder and drag the iZip icon into the Applications folder when prompted.
- Select the data backup file by following steps 1 and 2.
- Open iZip by running it from the applications folder
- Select 'Open Other'
- Select the data backup file from the 'Downloads' folder
- Select 'Load Internally'
- Enter the password which you should have received via SMS and click ok
James Hogan -