Clearing browser cookies and cache
A browsers cookies and cache are used for remembering certain information about a website and potentially speeding up your browsing experience. Although these tools are great for making your internet experience less tedious and much more effective, they can be the cause of certain browsing issues. Clearing these out can often be a good idea, when faced with strange browser issues.
- Cookies are bits of information that are stored on your local computer when you browse a website. Uses of storing this information can be to identify a computer when you revisit the same website. By remembering this information, when you revisit the same website it possibly wont ask you to enter your password again. Functions like these are possible due to the storing of cookies.
- Your browsers cache is used to make your browsing faster by storing information about the website on your computer. For example: When you visit a website your browser will keep a record of the images, text and sound that may have been on that website. So when you revisit the website, that information can be loaded directly from your computer, leading to a great increase in browsing speed.
Step 1 - Select the menu option and then click on History
Step 2 - Select 'Clear Recent History'
Step 3 - Set the time range to 'Everything' and ensure 'Cookies' and 'Cache' are selected.
Step 4 - Click 'Clear Now'
Step 1 - Select 'Safari' then 'Preferences'
Step 2 - Select the 'Privacy' tab and click 'Remove All Website Data'
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools. If you don't see the menu, press Alt on your keyboard to show menus.
- Select Delete Browsing History.
- Select the check box next to 'Temporary Internet Files' and 'Cookies'.
- Click Delete.
- It can take several minutes for the cache history to be deleted. Once the files have been deleted, click Okay.
- Click the menu icon wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- In the dialog that appears, select the check boxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
James Hogan -