How to setup a Join.Me session?
A Join.me session allows a customer support representative to view a clients screen from a remote location. This is a great tool that allows matters to be looked into and resolved relatively quickly.
Please note: Join.me sessions generally take place over a phone call. A time is generally organized for a support representative and a client to contact each other so matters can be sorted out over the phone whilst doing a join.me session.
- The first step to be would be to open up a new tab and enter 'join.me' in the URL section
- Once entered, load the page by pressing enter
- Once the page has loaded, you should be presented with a screen similar to the one above
- Select 'Basic' and click the orange play button
- Your PC will now begin to download a small temporary application. Once this application has been downloaded, run it from your PC.
- Once the application has loaded up, you should see a box appear similar to the one above.
- As shown in the image above, there is a 9 digit number. This number should be passed through to the support representative, who will then enter the number on their end.
- Once done, the support representative should now be able to view your screen.
James Hogan -